Location: Montréal, Toronto, Waterloo
What's the opportunity?
Borealis AI’s mission is to be a leader in AI for financial services and world-class talent is at the heart of this vision. We are looking for an experienced Technical Recruiter to support our recruitment objectives, including creatively sourcing, managing the candidate lifecycle, and closing candidates.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in a cutting-edge industry of AI/ML, who wants to be part of an innovative organization. You will have the opportunity to partner with hiring managers across our labs, working together
to find the best talent to support us in achieving our goals. Our team believes in being Bold & Curious, so we are looking for someone who is creative, eager to learn and looking to make an impact!
Your responsibilities include:
- Partnering with business leaders and hiring managers to assess their talent requirements and advising on the best hiring strategy;
- Using a variety of techniques to discover and attract the best passive talent;
- Conducting interviews and phone screens to assess both technical baseline, as well as skills to be successful in the Borealis AI environment;
- Focusing on providing a great candidate experience at every opportunity;
- Constantly evaluating our processes and pipeline to ensure we are fairly evaluating candidates;
- Ensure the ATS (Greenhouse) and recruitment reporting is regularly updated to aid with metrics i.e. sources, agency against direct, time to hire, time to offer, average cost per hire, etc;
- Drive specific D&I activity/initiatives for recruiting by upskilling hiring managers on best practice and ensuring data is tracked successfully.
You’re our ideal candidate if you have:
- Minimum of 2+ years of technical recruiting experience;
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in sourcing and assessing technical talent;
- Proven relationship management experience with hiring teams and internal stakeholders, helping them navigate the sources of talent, and assisting them with assessment;
- Skilled in offer negotiation, awareness of pertinent employment legislation, and employment market trends;
- The ability to lead requisitions to successful conclusion – balancing efficiency with quality;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills;
- A genuine interest in the technology industry as shown by continuous learning throughout your career;
- Experience in a start-up, fast-paced environment;
- Experience with engineering, research and product roles would be a benefit.
What’s in it for you?
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- Freedom to take initiative;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto,Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.