Are you an undergrad at a Canadian university? Got a great idea for applying AI and ML to a problem in your local community? If so, let’s solve it – together.
Applications are now open!
We’re looking for teams of 3 to 5 undergraduate students with ideas on how AI / ML could be used to tackle a specific community problem. Here’s how the program works:
- The mentorship program is free and will be conducted virtually this year. With this new program, we aim to support students from a diversity of backgrounds, geographic locations and universities.
- The program runs from October 1st to December 2nd, designed to fall within the school semester.
- You’ll need to commit about 10 hours per week during that time.
- This program is open to all undergraduate students at all Canadian universities. You don’t need to be enrolled in a Computer Sciences program – if team members have some basic programming knowledge, this will help; but specific experience using AI or ML isn’t necessary.
- The application process closes at 11:59pm ET on August 29th 2021.
Let’s SOLVE it, together
If you are an undergraduate student with dreams of pioneering the next game-changing community solution using AI and ML, we want to help you get there.
Jumpstart your career
Get access to a diverse group of industry experts who can help you develop your idea and your skill set. Build connections with ML industry experts and gain valuable technical guidance and training, and will be helpful if you decide to launch your career or further studies in AI and ML.
Solve real problems
Help improve your local community by creating a viable ML solution that solves a clear community problem. You will get all the support and mentorship from our team to turn your ideas into a viable proof-of-concept.
Discover how to apply AI to turn your ideas into reality
Give this semester more meaning and purpose outside of the course curriculum. As the interest in AI/ML grows, it is our hope that with support from Borealis AI, students can take ideas and make them happen, using cutting-edge technology and resources we can provide.