Group Product Manager
Group Product Manager
What's the opportunity?
As a Group Product Manager on the Product team, you’ll get a chance to lead the development of a state-of-the-art AI product for the financial services industry. You and the cross-functional project team will be responsible for discovering, building and delivering a product that solves a high-impact business problem. You will also be responsible for defining the long-term product strategy, roadmap, and objectives to lead your team towards a product vision that supports both Borealis AI’s and RBC strategic directions.
At Borealis AI, you’ll be joining a team that works directly with leading machine learning researchers and software developers. Our mission is to think big and go beyond what’s possible today to deliver competitive advantage to RBC through AI product development. This is a rare opportunity to build the skills required to make machine learning work in the enterprise.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading the development and delivery of machine learning products within Personal and Commercial Banking;
- Defining and executing on both short and long-term product strategy and roadmaps;
- Defining and delivering POCs and scaling them into full-fledged products;
- Optimizing products to rapidly improve and scale across the bank
- Leading and coaching a small team of product managers
- Building and maintaining relationships with senior stakeholders within RBC.
You're our ideal candidate if you:
- You have 7+ years of experience working in a product role;
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are a strong leader with the ability to own a product end-to-end independently, with a track record of successful product deliveries;
- You are well versed in the core areas of applied machine learning and have experience with machine learning platforms and deploying models at scale;
- You have managed, mentored, and/or coached product managers in past roles;
- You are an experienced team leader who can guide a cross-functional team to successful delivery;
- You are a strong collaborator and have the ability to influence both technical and business stakeholders;
- You have experience working in banking, financial services, or fintech;
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to play a vital role in the development of leading-edge products;
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and management opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and a lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI, an RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research center dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centers in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.