What's the opportunity?
As a member of the Product Management team, you’ll get a chance to build innovative AI products for the financial industry and beyond through a deep understanding of our AI capabilities applied to real-world scenarios. You’ll be responsible for turning research into full-fledged products and will work closely with the business development, engineering, and research teams to deeply understand the problem space and define compelling products.
At Borealis AI, you’ll be joining a team that works directly with leading researchers in machine learning. Our mission is to think big and go beyond what’s possible today to deliver competitive AI products. This is a rare opportunity to build the skills required to make machine learning work in the enterprise. You can find out more about our research areas at www.borealisai.com.
Your responsibilities include:
- Defining both short and long-term product strategy and roadmaps;
- Defining and delivering MVPs based on research, then scaling this out into full-fledged products;
- Writing detailed functional specs so the team is aligned on what we are delivering and what success looks like;
- Developing epics and user stories and prioritizing the product backlog with the engineering team;
- Collaborating across research, engineering and business development teams to scope and deliver world-class AI products;
- Guiding ideas from concept-to-experimentation-to-product.
You're our ideal candidate if you:
- Have a technical degree (CS/Engineering);
- Are continually curious and empathetic about customers and are driven to build great products for them;
- Are excited about digging into technical details;
- Are analytical in your problem-solving approach;
- Have a track record of thorough delivery;
- Can wade through ambiguity to define clear objectives for a product;
- Are great at collaborating across a spectrum of stakeholders, from business partners to researchers to engineers;
- Have enthusiasm for learning about machine learning and AI (Bonus points if you have worked in this area).
What's in it for you?
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
How to apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include where you heard about this opportunity.
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.