Machine Learning Researcher
Location: Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, Vancouver
What’s the opportunity?
As a Machine Learning Researcher, you’re looking to channel your love of playing with real-world data into industry-disrupting solutions. We're a lab that supports research on a wide variety of theoretical and applied machine learning projects. Working in our lab will grant you unique access to massive structured and unstructured datasets with the tools and resources necessary to build game-changing statistical models.
Being part of our team means you’ll also have the opportunity to publish original research in peer-reviewed academic journals and participate in conferences around the world, such as NeurIPS, ICLR, ICML, CVPR and more.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing novel AI solutions that facilitate impactful products;
- Conducting original, publishable research by advancing the state-of-the-art in machine learning techniques;
- Working with the development team to transfer research work into production;
- Interpreting larger organizational needs and designing algorithmic solutions that can drive the next generation of banking experiences;
- Identifying relevant new AI technologies as they become available, and disseminating them into the bank’s technology capabilities.
You’re our ideal candidate if you have:
- A passion for solving open problems using data and algorithms;
- A PhD in a sub-area of AI or demonstrated research track record by means of publications and/or sophisticated AI product experience;
- Ability to formulate and drive a research project independently without close supervision;
- Proficiency in Python and Deep Learning packages such as Tensorflow or PyTorch.
What’s in it for you?
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
How to apply:
Please email your CV, Google Scholar (or equivalent), GitHub (or equivalent) portfolio to email@example.com and include where you heard about this opportunity.
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.