Senior Business Development Lead
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for a critical problem solver who’s eager to help our machine learning research team deliver competitive products for RBC. As a member of our Business Engagement and Strategy team, you’ll be responsible for identifying exciting artificial intelligence research opportunities that will create outsized value for one of the bank’s lines of business. You’ll engage with our partners in the bank to develop strategic business plans to apply AI technologies to real-world problems, and you’ll collaborate with our product team to align business and technical stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate has an extensive working knowledge of capital markets and/or machine learning applications in finance, strong executive communication skills, and 5+ years of experience working in a financial institution. At Borealis AI, you’ll be joining a team that works directly with leading machine learning researchers and engineers as well as front office teams in Capital Markets. Our mission is to think big and go beyond what’s possible today to deliver competitive AI products. This is a rare opportunity to build the skills required to make machine learning work in the enterprise. You can find out more about our research areas at www.borealisai.com.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and communicating strategic business plans, and collaborating with the Borealis AI research and product teams to ensure alignment, feasibility, and success;
- Building relationships with RBC executives, subject matter experts, and technical teams;
- Representing the business vision in the group’s product engagements and educating researchers on business needs;
- Understanding Borealis AI research areas and creatively mapping technologies onto business problems to identify new work streams for Borealis within capital markets; and
- Defining and documenting business requirements and collaborating with the product and research teams to establish product scopes, test technical feasibility, and resolve any business issues that arise during product development.
You’re our ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working at a financial institution in Capital Markets, Portfolio Management, or a related field;
- Were responsible for the delivery of at least one technology solution that drove material business impact;
- Have a working knowledge of data analytics and machine learning;
- Have experience developing relationships with senior and junior stakeholders at large enterprises;
- Have experience developing business cases and other communications on technology projects;
- Are a creative thinker who can develop long-term strategies as well as a stickler for detail on short-term commitments and deliverables;
- Are excited to work with a machine learning research team on solving problems that cannot be solved with existing technology.
What’s in it for you:
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
About Borealis AI:
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.