What's the opportunity?
As a Senior Product Manager on the Product team, you’ll get a chance to lead a portfolio of innovative AI products for the financial services industry and lead/mentor a team of ML PM's. You and your team will be responsible for building and delivering products that solve high-impact business and for defining strategic product roadmaps for your portfolio with the support of the business development, engineering, and research teams.
At Borealis AI, you’ll be joining a team that works directly with leading machine learning researchers and software developers. Our mission is to think big and go beyond what’s possible today to deliver competitive AI products. This is a rare opportunity to build the skills required to make machine learning work in the enterprise.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leading a portfolio of machine learning products;
- Defining and executing on both short and long-term product strategy and roadmaps;
- Managing and developing a team of machine learning product managers;
- Building and maintaining relationships with technical senior stakeholders;
- Defining and delivering POCs and scaling these out into full-fledged products;
- Guiding ideas from discovery-to-development-to-deployment within RBC.
You're our ideal candidate if you:
- 5+ years of product management experience in a top-tier technology company, with a focus on AI or machine learning products;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Master’s or MBA is a plus;
- You have strong product leadership skills and the ability to own a portfolio of products end-to-end independently. You have a track record of successful product deliveries;
- You have strong foundations in finance and experience in global markets;
- You are well versed with the core areas of applied machine learning and have experience with machine learning platforms and deploying models at scale;
- You are an experienced people manager who can lead a high-performing team and ensure their continued development;
- You are a strong collaborator and have the ability to influence both technical and business stakeholders;
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamics environment.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to play a vital role in the development of leading-edge products;
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and management opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.