What’s the opportunity?
As Borealis AI’s Head of Marketing and Communications, you will lead our efforts to make RBC a recognized leader in AI innovation. You will be responsible for the creation, management, execution, and measurement of Borealis’ brand and marketing strategies and events, and work with our Corporate Communications team on external communications and media relations.
In this role, you will collaborate with leading AI experts from research, engineering, and product as well as key operational functions to advance Borealis AI’s vision by strengthening our brand and attracting top AI talent. You will be responsible for engaging the AI community and broader industry on Borealis research and products and timely topics in AI. You can find out more about Borealis AI’s research and products at www.borealisai.com.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage a small high-performance marketing organization;
- Develop, execute, and manage brand and marketing strategies that effectively support Borealis AI’s organizational goals;
- Design and execute marketing campaigns (website, blogs, etc.) that illustrate RBC’s leadership in applied AI and identify new approaches/venues to grow brand awareness;
- Manage Borealis AI’s content across platforms including:
- Scientific thought leadership to accompany launches of Borealis AI products with RBC business partners;
- Blogs and articles with unique and insightful commentary on emerging trends in AI
- Partner closely with RBC Technology Corporate Communications team on media relations and major speaking initiatives to support Borealis AI product and activities releases for Borealis AI products and activities;
- Collaborate with our research and engineering team to deliver inspiring content for technical audiences;
- Ensuring that Borealis’ role in RBC’s overall approach to AI is well represented in internal enterprise AI communications.
You're our ideal candidate if you have:
- A strategic leader who is able to motivate and direct your team while collaborating effectively with other functions at Borealis and across RBC;
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience in strategic marketing and communications, preferably in technical research, AI, or technology;
- A proven track record of delivering impactful cross-channel brand and marketing strategies that have moved the needle for your organization;
- Adept in developing, implementing, and measuring strategic marketing and communication plans and programs;
- Excellent communicator who is able to communicate a consistent brand and express complex technical ideas as simple, captivating content that engages technology and business audiences;
- Effective at building relationships both inside and outside the organization;
- Highly adaptable and flexible with an ability to innovate and pivot when necessary.
What’s in it for you?
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach their full potential;
- Own a function at Borealis AI, with autonomy and room to grow;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and management opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.