Business Development Lead - Retail
Business Development Lead - Retail
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for a critical problem solver who’s eager to help our machine learning research team deliver competitive products for RBC. As a member of our Business Engagement and Strategy team, you’ll be responsible for identifying exciting artificial intelligence research opportunities that will create outsized value for one of the bank’s lines of business. You’ll engage with our partners in the bank to develop strategic business plans to apply AI technologies to real-world problems, and you’ll collaborate with our product team to align business and technical stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate has an extensive working knowledge of the financial sector and/or machine learning applications in finance and retail banking, strong executive communication skills, a background in digital and 5+ years of experience working in a financial institution. At Borealis AI, you’ll be joining a team that works directly with leading machine learning researchers and engineers as well as lines of business in Personal and Commercial banking. Our mission is to think big and go beyond what’s possible today to deliver competitive AI products. This is a rare opportunity to build the skills required to make machine learning work in the enterprise. You can find out more about our research areas at www.borealisai.com.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and communicating strategic business plans, and collaborating with the Borealis AI research, engineering and product teams to ensure alignment, feasibility, and success;
- Building relationships with RBC executives, subject matter experts, lines of business and technical teams;
- Representing the business vision in the group’s product engagements and educating researchers on business needs;
- Understanding Borealis AI research areas and creatively mapping technologies onto business problems to identify new work streams for Borealis within Personal and Commercial Banking;
- Defining and documenting business requirements and collaborating with the product and research teams to establish product scopes, test technical feasibility, and resolve any business issues that arise during product development; and
- Executing project development work alongside our Project Management department and our partners in the bank
You’re our ideal candidate if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working at a financial institution;
- Have 5+ years working in digital product development with a focus on mobile development
- Were responsible for the delivery of technology solution that drove material business impact;
- Have a working knowledge of data analytics and machine learning;
- Have experience developing relationships with senior and junior stakeholders at large enterprises;
- Have experience developing business cases and other communications on technology projects;
- Are a creative thinker who can develop long-term strategies as well as a stickler for detail on short-term commitments and deliverables;
- Have prior project management experience with a proven track record of execution in large agile teams
- Are excited to work with a machine learning research team on solving problems that cannot be solved with existing technology.
What’s in it for you:
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
- Exposure to working in one of the most innovative areas in technology today with some of the brightest minds in the world
About Borealis AI:
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence.With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.