Senior Machine Learning Engineering Lead
Senior Machine Learning Engineering Lead
What's the opportunity?
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our Montreal engineering team, working at the forefront of machine learning technology and working on extremely challenging problems.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineering Lead, you will manage a team of managers and engineers involved in multiple ML projects. You will support those projects through the entire lifecycle—from research experimentation through to implementing applications and solutions and deploying them to production. You will provide your team with technical leadership, mentorship and guidance. You will work along other senior managers in engineering and across Borealis AI to help achieve our strategic goals. As a people manager you will be responsible for growing your team and fostering their career development and growth.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and management to a team of managers and engineers involved in multiple ML projects
- Provide functional management to multiple ML projects
- Establish high standards and share technical knowledge in performance, scalability, system architecture, and engineering best practices;
- Establish and maintain collaboration with research and business teams to converge on the best solutions;
- Grow and develop the team, helping each team member advance their career development.
- Work with Borealis senior leadership to achieve the Borealis mission and strategy
- Drive cross-team cohesion and help to build the culture of the Montreal office
You're our ideal candidate if you:
- Have 12+ years of experience delivering software projects to production;
- Have 7+ years experience managing engineering teams;
- Experience working collaboratively with business, product and other technical teams;
- Have led the full lifecycle of software product development including the successful deployment of products to production;
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software products, fostering career growth of software engineers, and establishing software engineering best practices within your team;
- Experience working in an agile environment, including managing team members across multiple different projects and/or products
- Experience managing hybrid teams; promote an excellent employee experience regardless of where employees are
- Have a background in machine learning or a related field;
- Experience with financial services and enterprise software.
What's in it for you?
- Become part of a team that thinks progressively and works collaboratively. We care about seeing each other reach full potential;
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock options where applicable;
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities;
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact from a local-to-global scale.
About Borealis AI
Borealis AI, a RBC Institute for Research, is a curiosity-driven research centre dedicated to achieving state-of-the-art in machine learning. Established in 2016, and with labs in Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo and Vancouver, we support academic collaborations and partner with world-class research centres in artificial intelligence. With a focus on ethical AI that will help communities thrive, our machine learning scientists perform fundamental and applied research in areas such as reinforcement learning, natural language processing, deep learning, and unsupervised learning to solve ground-breaking problems in diverse fields.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.