Borealis AI Fellowships Application
Supporting academic research is at the core of who we are. Our Graduate Fellowship program has been designed to help exceptional domestic and international students achieve their goals as they pursue graduate degrees at a Canadian university in machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI).
Each year, we award a number of fellowships to outstanding students who wish to pursue graduate-level degrees in these fields.
You do not need to be enrolled in a Canadian graduate program at the time of the application, but you will be asked to provide proof of enrolment for the award to be administered. Borealis AI cannot guarantee admission to a Canadian graduate program, but the fellowship will be used to support your studies while you are attending.
How the Borealis AI Fellowships work:
- This program is suitable for anyone who wants to pursue a Masters or PhD degree in a Canadian university in the field of machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI).
- Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate strong research capabilities and present a sound research proposal for their graduate degree.
- The fellowship is contingent upon full-time admission to a Canadian graduate program. Students must present proof of admission during the calendar year that the award is administered or forfeit the award.
- Fellowships will be granted in one payment during the calendar year in which the award is administered. Payment will be made directly to the Canadian university where the applicant is/will be registered and is subject to the rules and guidelines applicable to that university.
- Borealis AI and RBC are not responsible for university admission processes nor for the issuance of Canadian study permits for international applicants.
- Internships with Borealis AI are encouraged but not guaranteed or required for fellowship recipients.
- Fellowship recipients are not subject to intellectual property restrictions unless they complete an internship with Borealis AI. Recipients who are also interning with Borealis AI or RBC are subject to the same intellectual property obligations as any other Borealis AI or RBC intern.
- Applicants must be enrolled at a Canadian graduate program in Computer Science or related fields with a focus on machine learning and/or AI.
- Prospective students are eligible to apply, but in order to receive the award they must receive full-time admission to a Canadian graduate program within the calendar year that the award is administered.
- This program is open to Canadian citizens, Canadian permanent residents and international applicants.
Please gather the following materials in order to proceed with your application. You will not be able to save the application once you start.
- CV with links to publications (if applicable).
- Transcripts – 1st Year Bachelor Degree to present. (English & original language – combine into one file).
- Research Proposal (1,000 words maximum).
- Two letters of recommendation from those familiar with your work. You will be asked to provide contact information for your references to submit their responses.
To apply click here.
Submissions for the Borealis AI Fellowship program will close on September 28, 2018.